VILLAMOR HIGH SCHOOL, THE STORY

Original Script in Tagalog Villamor High School by Ma. Theresa G. Pagobo, 2002 VHS Alumna written when she was in third year, section 1, click for full text in Tagalog

The School Brief History

In 1958, a wooden structure and some parts in concrete of about 3, 825 became known as Sta. Ana High School.  On February 7, 1958 the late Manila City Councilor for the purpose of separating it officially from Araullo High School worked on the Municipal Board Resolution 536 and named Villamor High School after the late Justice Ignacio Borbon Villamor, for his great works. 

The school grew in population so they added a second story in 1963 for the Home Economics and Science Technology.  In addition they offered evening classes on June 1, 1963 passed by the Municipal Board Ordinance 620 for vocational courses.

Unfortunately the Science Classroom was blazed by fire and in the year 1990 with the help of the then Mayor, Gemiliano Lopez, a new concrete building was erected with 20 rooms which costs PHP25 million.  In 2001 a 3-story concrete building was added with the help of Public Works and Highways so it was named PEHM Building.






















Villamor High School 1991


Villamor High School in 2001


This story was published in the 2001 VHS Alumni Homecoming and Reunion Souvenir Program headed by Manny and Bing Yumul Ciriaco